Sunday, August 28, 2011

I am a reflection of His love.

I know I am not even close to His reflection but I want to keep on saying that, like a mantra, to remind me of how I want to live my life. I really don't remember when did I started to keep those words in my heart but I am determined to persevere, to live a life that reflects His love. I know I am not doing a good job imitating Him because honestly it is really hard to imitate His compassion, patience, forgiveness, love and faith.

so I pray..
Lord, it has always been my desire to be like You, to show love and to serve Your people in any way that You want me to; guide me, use me and hold me tight whenever I am shaken with trials. Forgive me if at times I can't control myself, my disappointments, my frustrations and anger. Forgive me if I dislike some people; touch my heart and take the negative feelings away. Teach me to love and see people the way You see them.

Lord, I love You so much; may my actions, my thoughts and the words that I speak reflect my love for You.

Is the face that I see in the mirror
the one I want others to see
Do I show in the way that I walk in my life
The love that You've given to me
My heart's desire is to be like You
In all that I do, all I am

Do they see Jesus In Me
Do they recognize Your face
Do I communicate Your love, and Your grace
Do I reflect who You are
In the way I choose to be
Do they see Jesus In Me

It's amazing that you'd ever use me
But use me the way You will
Help me to hold out a heart of
compassionate grace
A heart that You're spirit fills
May I show forgiveness and mercy
The same way You've shown it to me

Now I want to show all the world who You are
The reason I live and breathe
So You'll be the One that they see
When they see me

Amen.


Do They See Jesus in Me
by Joy Williams

1 comment:

listen songs online said...

Wow this is soo beautiful... i like the way you have written everything, it shows how much u love and respect God. Thanks for this wonderful post.