Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Angels for Protection, Prayers as a Weapon

Diane, a young Christian college student, was home for the summer. She had spent the evening with friends sharing and laughing about their combined college experiences. Diane hadn’t planned on staying so late, and when she looked at the clock at noticed it was past midnight, she wished she had kept better track of time. She had to walk home.

But it was a small town, and she only lived a few blocks away. As she started on her way, she silently asked God to protect her as she walked underneath the tall elm trees that lined the neighborhood streets. She decided to take a short cut — the alley — would shave off about five minutes on her walk home. But halfway down the alley, she noticed a man standing at the end of the road . . . as though he were waiting for her.

Diane grew increasingly uneasy and continued to pray for God’s protection from harm and danger. As she neared the end of the alley, she felt as though a blank of comfort and security were wrapped around her. She also had the unusual sensation that someone was walking with her! When she finally reached the end of the alley, she walked right past the man and arrived home safely.

The next day, she read in the newspaper that a young girl had been raped in the same alley just 20 minutes after she had been in that same spot. Knowing it could have been her, she began to weep. After thanking the Lord for protecting her, she decided to help this young woman by going to the police station and describing the man she saw.

The police asked her to look at a line-up of suspects. She immediately pointed to the man she had seen in the alley. When the man was told he had been identified, he broke down and confessed. The officer thanked Diane for her involvement and asked if there was anything they could do for her. She replied that she wanted to ask the man a question. The officer took her question to the rapist: “Why didn’t you attack the girl you saw about 20 minutes before the other girl passed down the alley?”

“Because she wasn’t alone,” the rapist responded. “She had two tall men standing on either side of her.”
**********
A while ago our housemate came home from his work with blood all over his face and his pants were really dirty. He said he was mugged in the street a block away from our house. Two men attacked him from the back, hit his leg and dragged him on the floor. When the muggers saw some people coming out from a house nearby, they ran but unfortunately they succeed in getting his wallet.

We already called 911, the NYPD officers came with an ambulance. He is in the hospital right now but thank God he is not badly injured from what happen.

A part of me started to worry because I only walk every Tuesday night going to church but then I was comforted by my faith that God will send me angels to be with me when I am alone or even Jesus will be there to walk with me. After thinking about what happen to our friend I immediately remembered the story above. My prayer will be my strongest weapon against bad people and I believe God will also cover me with His precious blood. I know that God can make me invisible in the eyes of enemy.

6 comments:

Lorna Kroepfl said...

He has protected me in so many ways, I am grateful. I call my morning prayer my God Shield. I am uncomfortable when I leave home without my morning prayer.

Prayers will go out to your roommate. Bless you.

Joyfulsister said...

Hey SDis,
OOh I loved reading this story, I believe that the Lord provides angels to watch over us. I have had encounters where I know his angels had a hand in several circumstances with myself and my family members.Thank you for sharing this and I pray your housemate is doing okay!!!

Hugz Lorie

Anonymous said...

Jesus protect you and watch over your steps, Paige, so that you do not experience any harm and so that you feel safe.

Anonymous said...

Hello Paige. Do you read your Yahoo mail? I have sent you a message.

Anonymous said...

For such a young woman like you, you are spiritually mature enough to know that your prayers are your best weapons against every dark forces on the earth.---against the works of the devil such as unbelief, worry, temptation, trials, etc.
God bless you Paige.

Lorna Kroepfl said...

Please stop by my blog to pick up the helping hand award:

http://iwhispertogod.blogspot.com/2009/01/helping-hand-award.html

Blessings,
Lorna