Sunday, July 27, 2008

# BSN # healing

Nursing: The Healing Ministry of Jesus

Taking up Bachelor of Science in Nursing in the Philippines became a fad nowadays. It gives the Filipinos the hope of being able to work abroad and earn more than what their own country can give them. Because of this, most of the people considers taking this course solely just because of the greener pasture it gives.

As for me, deciding to take up this course is actually my own choice, my passion to serve other people and as my vocation-a way of serving God. I know a lot of people who thinks nursing is not just because of the money and some of which are my friends.

Being able to work in the hospital opened my eyes to the wonders of God. Like how creative and perfectly God made each of our organs to make our body function well and how only the hands of God can heal the sick.

I also felt blessed to have the opportunity to help in taking care of other people and be the one who gives care. Everyday, as I learn and experience more about this course, my faith is also strengthened. There is no procedure or step I make that I don’t ask for God’s help because I know I am dealing with lives. The hospital will also help you realize that not even the strongest drug or the best doctors can cure a patient. It is only God and your faith that could actually heal the sick.

Nursing is actually a mixed career- you give care, do health teaching, pray for your patient, be resourceful and improvise the things that you have in order to do a procedure successfully. It is a noble job that follows the healing ministry of Jesus.

This is the best reason that I can give why I am proud to be a student nurse and why NURSES ROCK!

1 comment:

jom said...

And beside this, giving all diligence,
add to your faith virtue;
and to virtue knowledge;
and to knowledge temperance;
and to temperance patience;
and to patience godliness;
and to godliness brotherly kindness;
and to brotherly kindness charity.
For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 1:5-8 KJV