Wednesday, August 13, 2008

# freebies # milk

Milk for Free

Last Monday we received a package of soy formula milk for babies from Similac. They gave it to us maybe because they think that my mom is still pregnant. She got a miscarriage last year and she was supposed to deliver this month.


And aside from the milk products, they sent us $5.00 discount coupons.



It might not be a big deal for people living in America but it is for the people in the third world countries like the Philippines.



When I had my Community Health Nursing (CHN) duty, I had visited a family who was using Evaporated Milk mixed with hot water as the milk of their baby. Isn't it sad?



I hope milk companies such as Similac will donate products to public hospitals and the poorest of poor communities in the Philippines.



Sad.. I feel very sad for Filipinos.

4 comments:

Mharms said...

helo..linked u na..hope ull do d same :)

LoCTY said...

Hi penlighted put you on my blogroll you can go check. I work for the City Health Department in Cape Town, South Africa and as an accountant I help with the financial controls of many of the Public Health programs. Milk powders, feeding scheme,ARV's,TB and more. Yes we face a huge battle every day against poverty and disease.
LoCTY!!
PS. Like your site!Keep thinking deep.

coolingstar9 said...

It is nice for milk company to donate some milk to the poor. They need milk to grow healthy.
have a nice day, best wishes from coolingstar9
I am so happy to read and post a comment, thanks for the friendship.

grace said...

hi there, saw your comment from socialspark, yup im a nurse from DMC, how bout you? like the way you post..keep it up..happy blogging..take care..do visit me at http://www.benchiegrace.bravejournal.com