Monday, June 28, 2010

Matthew 6:34

“Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him,
my Savior and my God.”
- Psalms 42:5


Why are you troubled? Put your hope in God.
Find comfort from your inability to do anything
about the problem and have more confidence in Him.
Trust your Father who cares for you and have peace.
Fear haunts your heart and all you ask is “What am I to do?”
Have your faith interrupt say The Lord is in control!

Why am I so troubled? I will put my hope in God.
I will find comfort from knowing that the enemy wants
to pull me away from Him by using my weaknesses as human.
I will trust You My Father and I will turn fear to faith.
As I learn to strengthen my trust in the Father’s care,
I'll gain peace that not only surpasses all understanding
but also overcomes my anxiety.

***
With confidence I pray,

Keep me safe, O God,
for in you I take refuge.

I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing."

LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.

The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.

I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.

I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.

Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,

because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One see decay.

You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

-Psalms 16

***

Philippians 4:6–7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication,
with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

***
We can do this Lord!
Jesus, I trust in You.

No comments: