Monday, August 4, 2008

# creative writing # flawless

Being flawless is the key to Happiness?

Last night, when I went to bed a thought happened to bother me until I fell asleep. I thought what if God had created someone perfectly, in human standards, without any flaws. Someone who has the perfect beauty and body that fits to everyone's taste, the perfect trait that everyone adores, the money, the needs and wants that everyone longs to have. That would be great, isn't it?

But then when I started to put my self into that someone's shoes, I came to realize that my life wouldn't be exciting to live if that will happen. The world of flawless wouldn't make me happy because I couldn't experience the happiness of achieving something.

Oh wait, that doesn't count as a world of flawless anymore because something is missing.

Then I started to reflect about my life; who I am in this world, what makes me happy, what makes me sad, what others have that I don't and what I have that others don't have.

I don't have the talent, skills or beauty that makes other people famous but I can make other people laugh and learn from me just like them. I can buy my needs and some of my wants but only in a lesser amount compared to the rich and famous but I believe we can feel the same happiness out of those things. I get hurt, I feel sad, embarrass, depress and lonely just like other people. I am not known for being sexy or pretty but someone admires me and thinks I am the most compared to beauty queens.

In other words, we live in a world with flaws. Just like the rich and the famous people, we still have things that we dream to have and achieve.

Being flawless is NOT the key to happiness. It is by being satisfied of what you have and by keeping the courage and hope to achieve what you want without feeling sorry that you still don't have it.

Life is like climbing the stairs, you achieve to be on top that's why you step forward. Just don't compare your self to the people ahead of you, instead, look at the people behind you.

Afterall there is always something that is stored in every step that could make us feel happy. If and only if we can learn how to be satisfied and to appreciate little things.




2 comments:

Kimberly Monaco said...

I love this post... thank you so much - you just made me feel so much better about myself today!

Varun said...

very well put.No one can be perfect,but you sure as hell can try!