Saturday, October 4, 2008

Unconditional Love to Your Enemies


"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies,

do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you,

and pray for those who mistreat you."

-Luke 6: 27-28


Among the teachings in the Bible this is the hardest thing that for me is hard to do. I don't get mad easily and I don't usually see the negative side of person instantly. I also don't judge people by the way they act or dress up. I can also forgive and forget easily. It's just that sometimes there are people that makes you feel bad even without them doing anything.


The Gift of Discernment allows us to feel what kind of spirit a person has. This gift allows us to "...find out if the spirit they have comes from God - 1 John 4:1". This gift is very useful to us but also it can greatly challenge us from the command of loving our enemies. It can cause us to speak harshly when confronting others, instead of speaking the truth in love.


It is easy to forgive someone if you know why you are angry or hurt but it could be very hard just to even speak or think about someone when you had already discerned who they are.


And I admit that this is my weakness. This is the thing that I had been praying for a long time. I know I have to pray for them but I can't take the pain when I start to think about their soul. It makes me weak and I can't stop crying. I want to love them but it is hard especially when their spirit suddenly changed from good to bad.


I am not ashamed to say this...I need your prayers to help me overcome this weakness. I want to follow the path of Jesus and following Him means you have to achieve the heart that is ready to forgive and give unconditional love even to your enemies.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

one of the things that helps me is to remember that Jesus came for us all - even our enemies. Jesus is there for all of us and just as someone loves us even though we are messing up - we must do the same for others! I shall be praying for you my sister! God Bless

rikkiBOi said...

Yeah its really hard to love our enemies...
It's so hard even just to look at them without feeling any anger...
But as what Jesus said, we must love our enemies...
No matter what it takes... It's hard, but we have to...
For it is whats right...
Ive read this once in a book.
it says... Hate, like acid. It damages the container more than to which it is poured...
We can do this... All Christians face this kind of situation...
We'll have to pray for each other..
And ill be praying for you..
Hope you pray for me too..
:D
GOD BLESS!

IJ Hanna Lucky said...

Amen in Jesus Mighty Name Amen

Godbless you for this post