Thursday, January 15, 2009

Charice to Perform on the Inauguration of Obama

Yes, Charice is going to Washington D.C. to sing at US President-elect Barack Obama’s inaugural on Jan. 20. But before that, she will regale her own countrymen with a performance on Jan. 15 at the Sofitel Philippine Plaza in a formal gala marking People Asia magazine’s ninth anniversary. It was reportedly Oprah Winfrey, said to be Charice’s manager, who got Charice included in the list of artists performing at the historic event. Oprah is close to the Obamas. She campaigned for Barack in last year’s US election.

Charice is one of People Asia’s “People of the Year 2008” awardees, the youngest ever to receive the prestigious award.

To quote from the magazine’s special anniversary issue, “Charice is the only Filipino who has guested on Oprah, Ellen and Good Morning America. She is also the only Filipino to have sung a duet with Celine Dion and among the few to have shared the stage with Andrea Bocelli, Josh Groban, Alicia Keys and David Archuleta, among others.”

- PhilStar, FUNFARE by Ricardo Lo

Isn't it great? I can't believe a Filipino will be included in such a historical event. I always loved her even from the first time I have seen her in a competition when she was, I think, 8 years old.

Watch her duet with Celine Dion...

Introduction


The duet

3 comments:

Eaglewings said...

This girl can flat out sing! Thanks for giving me the heads up on her I had not heard her sing before and yet she has been on American TV for a couple years now. Because I do not follow secular music artists nor so I watch Oprah or Ellen I did not hear this young lady sing. Now if she would start to sing worship music I could book her at our church.

penlighted said...

What I like about her is that she never fails to mention God in every interview. She never fails to acknowledge how God answered her prayers even on Oprah. Oprah is a nonbeliever right?

Eaglewings said...

I did not hear her mention Jesus in the clips that I saw but she surely can sing. A talent like that is a gift from God and I am so glad that she acknowledges that. Thank you for pointing that out to me.